Friday 30 October 2009

a room in my head

in my dreams I enter rooms frequently.

sometimes they are distorted. and often I find secret entrances to other rooms I did not know about. According to some dreamtheories a room represents sexuality. Rooms in dreams can also signyfie emotions.

I have met people that I don't know in these rooms.

But in my concious room I find media. All sorts of media represented.
News papers, Magazines, Books, illustrations, comics, tvs, radios, internet.
You just name it.

It's all there. New and old.

On one hand it reminds me of the old cellars in our house that I used to go to in my childhood. In the cellar I'd find tons of old newspaper, over 100 years old, yellow and dirty, full of dust and cobweb. And the cellar door had warning signs indicating rat poison. So I almost never touched things there. It did happend though.

My todays room is somewhat similar to the memory of the cellars. They also have red crooked brickwalls, sand on the floor and old wooden furniture.
The difference is the light and the smell. It doesn't smell bad and the light is quite strong.

My analysiz is that this room is a reflection on both the past, the now and the future.
It's a room where no choises have been made. Nobody has curated the show.
It's full of lies, rumors and perhaps also thruth. But who knows what is what?
The girl of the cellar?


The mind as a room

Mind is an interesting word - in my mothertongue we use the word "medvetande". Transalated into english that would be something like co-knower.

Where is the mind located? In the head many people claim. But the mind isn't really anythign "real". So is it all over or a room in the head?

1 comment:

  1. One need not be a chamber to be haunted,
    One need not be a house;
    The brain has corridors surpassing
    Material place.

    Far safer, of a midnight meeting
    External ghost,
    Than an interior confronting
    That whiter host.

    --Emily Dickinson--

    ReplyDelete