Tuesday 6 November 2007



often when I hear myself talk about my own work it sounds great. It really sounds brilliant! Even intelligent. And I feel proud. Like "wow" look at what you've done here! You are a fucking genious...And I guess I'm sort of good at making other people believe I'm great too.
But when I get back to my studio and should work I feel everything is just shite. a big lie. and a failure.
it's difficult to get anywhere. it's difficult to go on working on something whilst feeling it's not good.
so the solution could be to be neutral to the work. work on it as it would be a lump of cabbage or a piece of wood to be thrown onto the fire.

I don't know really.

I used to like how people would talk lovingly about their work, almost refering to them as their babies or something. and I just feel a bit I don't know "funny" about my stuff. See I call it stuff...not work.
Well, to be perfectly honest I know how to be serious about it all, like in applications.
But I feel funny towards my work when facing them alone by myself. trying to see them from another perspective. Perhaps I'm in need of psychotherapy. Or then I should start with trying the lump of cabbage method. And if that doens't work I'd go to therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment