Tuesday 13 March 2012

perhaps they have a cat.

maybe it is so that I need to be more provocative in my tone.

I can not rely on love, beauty. They wont listen to me.

My work wont be seen as interesting enough if I rely on good energy only.

Can I combine these energies? the provocative quite ugly with a loving message?

Why do I feel a bigger need to analyze now? Can't I just go on doing stuff working as usual?

Is it because I read that book last week. That book about an artist couple. Did I become inspired by the writers/main characters way of describing her doubts and her frustration about her work?

Can the fact that I spent quite many hours first pondering over and then reading studies about marriages, divorces and sexual relations in the early 20th century Finland have affected my need to look at my work again with a critical view?

Must add that these studies were pretty interesting. I guess we all know that marriage is a pretty recent institution but I feel that we tend to forget as well. But then of course now we are living in the super extreme individualistic society...and it seems that its becoming worse, well, at least according to studies. I can't tell really - I dont have an iphone so whenever I'm on the bus I look at people and sometimes might even smile at someone. But yeah, its true after I bought the media player for an exhibition, I have become one of those people with headphones living in my own musical. sure...according to a recent study people who have iphones are less willing to help their fellow human beings or volunteer.

But then going back to the "lonely ego society topic" - are we really that lonely? people who live in cities go out quite much yes? or is just me because I am an artist? We meet people on the streets everyday. We go home and chat on Fb or talk on Skype.

Or perhaps I am wrong? there might be loads of people who don't have friends. Real ones or virtual ones.

that's sad. perhaps they have a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment